Amendments to this constitution may be proposed by any member of SAAC. To become a part of the constitution, the amendment must be passed by a simple majority vote of the members of SAAC at a meeting where two-thirds of all team representatives are in attendance. Click here for the read the rest of the Randolph SAAC Constitution.
Randolph College SAAC Roster
Leadership Committee for 2017-2018
President: Jordyn Knapp
Vice President: Nate Juth
Secretary: Kadri Hearns
Men's Soccer: Nate Juth, Brian Higgins
Women's Soccer: Missy Hussey, Natalia Tomlin
Volleyball: Olivia Pullin, Brooks Gillerlain
Women's Lacrosse: Kathy Butler, Libby Exline
Men's Lacrosse: Josh Yeast, Kadri Hearns
Women's Tennis: Lauren Appel, Samantha Dickerson
Riding: Laura Perry, Caroline Houston
Women's Cross Country/Track and Field: Jalil Penn, Jordan Sheets, Teliya Stevenson
Men's Cross Country/Track and Field: Karim Frasier, Caleb Schmitzer, Alex Clem
Softball: Jordyn Knapp, Lindsey Chaney
Men's Basketball: Nick Goble, Drew Hayden
Women's Basketball: Kayln Banks, Alexis Calloway
Men's Tennis: Lane May
Men's and Women's Swimming: Leah Doorman, Matt LaPorte
SAAC Releases Sportsmanship Video
Every year, the Old Dominion Athletic Conference (ODAC) sponsors a different initiative for member schools to promote to their student-athletes, parents, faculty, staff and other community fans. This year, the spotlight was focused on sportmanship.
The Randolph College Student-Athlete Advisory Committee composed a video to display the importance of sportmanship.
Randolph SAAC Collects for Hurricane Harvey Relief
In the wake of devastation caused by Hurricane Harvey, the Randolph College Student-Athlete Advisory Committee answered the call set forth by University of Houston head men's basketball coach Kelvin Sampson. From Sept. 1 to Sept. 9, SAAC placed donation boxes in the lobby of the RAD and Main Hall, as well as at the men's and women's soccer home openers, to collect new or slightly worn t-shirts and athletic shoes for those affected by Hurricane Harvey.
For full release, click link here
What is SAAC?
What happens if you have to miss a quiz in your history class for an away game? How about if practice times conflict with dining hall hours? Who's going to be sure that the athletic awards banquet is properly planned and that the right student-athletes are recognized?
No group more effectively addresses the needs of student athletes than the athletes themselves. That's why, since 1997, the Student Athlete Advisory Committee (SAAC) has been speaking up on behalf of all WildCats - serving as a liaison between the athletes, the Athletics Department, and the Randolph community at large. An officially recognized student government organization, the Committee is governed by the SAAC Constitution.
SAAC members also help organize a number of community service activities in Lynchburg and on the Randolph campus, like canned food drives and blood drives.
- October, 2016 - Hosted Field Day for Nursery School
- December, 2015 - Sponsored a family for Christmas
- December, 2014 - Supported a family for the holiday season
- Spring 2014 - Started cancer awareness games
- October 25, 2013- Assisted with Moonlight Madness event, opening the 2013-14 season
- April 2012 - Dorm raids to collect canned food for Lynchburg Daily Bread
- March 20, 2012 - Hosted Smack City party, which raised money and canned food
- 2011-12 - Raised $1,000 dollars for Special Olympics Virginia through concessions
- February 10, 2012 - Hosted Special Olympics Virginia for basketball game
- January-May, 2012 - Reading to Robert S. Payne Elementary
- February 1, 2011 - WildCat Tennis Helps Clean Local HS
- December 15, 2010 - Randolph Lax Gives Back
- Continuously - Decorate at selected home competitions